Ripasso wine,in the middle between Valpolicella and Amarone
Wine made with the “ripasso” method: the Valpolicella wine had a second fermentation on the fermentated Amarone pomace. So step by step:
- in september/october we fermetate the grapes for Valpolicella. Later the fermentation we store the wine in a steel tank,
- in january we fermentate the grapes for Amarone and Recioto,
- when this fermentation has finished we refill the Amarone wine from the tank and we left some Amarone and the skins in the tank,
- this tank is so filled with the Valpolicella and the wine has a second fermentation in touch with the Amarone grapes.
- tent. It goes well with pasta dishes, to grilled meat, roasts and game.
NEGRAR DI VALPOLICELLA
The Ripasso is a double fermetation wine: the first in september with fresh grapes, the second in march where the Valpolicella is re-fermentated in the Amarone grapes.
Red garnet, characteristic scent (old style) with fine spiciness with clear references to fruity. In the mouth rightly acid but not fruity, dry and saggy in the middle palate. Very persistent.
Corvina, Corvinone, Rondinella, Oseleta, Negrara.
Read meat and hard cheeses
Between 16 and 18°C.