What to do in Valpolicella
Things to see and things to do, but mainly wine and food experience, Valpolicella is really a region that offers great emotions.
Our wine resort in Valpolicella is in an excellent position: very close to the center of Negrar, easily walk-reachable to visit it or to try the numerous trattoria, restaurants and pizzeria in the area, about 20 minutes from the Verona city and 45 minutes from Lake Garda, but also close to the main points of interest and attractions of the Verona area, such as the Veja bridge, the Molina waterfalls, the Prun quarries, the Tibetan bridge and the producers of Monte Veronese.
Here some things to see:
- The Molina Waterfall Park is a park which covers an area of 80,000 square meters in the valley of Molina in the municipality of Fumane.
- Meridiana Negrar: The monumental sundial that greets visitors arriving at Negrar is a sculpture / internationally important tool. About seven meters high with a diameter of five and a total weight of about 2000 kg, combines “contemporary” design to the “historicity” of science that encloses.
- Pieve di San Floriano: The Romanesque church of San Floriano is mostly a copy of the famous church of San Zeno in Verona.
- The Veja Bridge, a natural arch 50 meters high resulting from the natural evolution of a cave.
- The Pojega Garden, near our cellar, this garden was built in 1783 by Luigi Trezza on commission from Count Antonio Rizzardi and represents a characteristic example of the Italian gardens. It extends over 54,000 square meters with theaters, green walls and several specimens of plants and flowers.
- La Lessinia: recommended visits to the Camposilvano còvolo and the Sphinx Valley, the Mille Oak cave, the Giazza forest, the centuries-old beech trees of Bosco Chiesanuova and Erbezzo. For those who just want to ski there are the municipalities very well equipped for the winter tourism of Bosco Chiesanuova, Malga S. Giorgio, Branchetto, Monte Tomba and Campofontana.
Ponte di Veja: The Ponte di Veja is a picturesque natural high bridge 50 meters …. Garden Pojega: near our winery is the Garden of Pojega, built in 1783 by Luigi Trezza commissioned by earl Antonio Rizzardi. It is a typical example of Italian gardens. It covers 54,000 square meters with theaters, green walls and different plants and flowers
Where to eat in Valpolicella
Trattoria la Porchetta: For years, the passion and the love for the land where we were born and brought up with us in the daily work of restaurateurs. E ‘for this reason that our menu offers a choice of dishes created using only natural ingredients, derived from our campaign. Our wish is that staff is also to your liking. Serena, Nadia and Luciano.
Ristorante Valpolicella: In Torbe di Negrar, the ancient land of Arusnati, the Zantedeschi family runs the restaurant “Valpolicella.” The warmth and friendliness of Mr. Luciano, who started here with a small restaurant in June 1968, still hovering in bright thoroughly expanded and renovated rooms, the warm hospitality of Gina and her six children with their families, in the inviting aromas that come from the kitchen, where the crackling fire of the old “fogolar” snubs superb modern and functional furniture.
Where to sleep in Valpolicella
We have rooms in the cellar each side with air conditioning, internet connection, private bathroom and the kitchenette. Please contact us for your reservation in basement! There is a possibility to cook using the kitchenette so to be completely independent!Check Our Rooms